Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Spread the Word to End the Word... You Know... "The" Word



Big day today. The national campaign to wipe out ignorance is out in full force. In case you haven't heard, the "R" word, you know, Retard, Retarded, yeah those words. Well they've been shelved.  

In a nutshell they are insulting and hurtful. 

Close your mouth, I know what you're going to say.

How do I know?
Because I've said it too. A million times. 

"I didn't mean anything by it."
" I'm not making fun of people with disabilities, I love people with disabilities" 
" You took it the wrong way"
"I just meant....

Look if you trip over your dishwasher because you left it open and call it a retard, odds are your dishwasher could care less. But I care. I care because when you say the word, retard, you automatically get an image of my daughter in your head. Whether you think you are or not. 



WHEN YOU SAY THE WORD RETARD, THE IMAGE OF A MENTALLY CHALLENGED HUMAN BEING IS WHAT COMES TO YOUR MIND.

And that my friends is unacceptable.

Pick your words wisely, because we're out there to kindly offer you alternatives if we here you using inappropriate words.. 







No comments: