Saturday, July 25, 2009

Better than a day at the spa




Emilia with her "cousin" Biss.




Emilia's Godparents invited us down to their beach house. We went down on Thursday and brought torrential rains and gale force winds with us. Friday was much better but the storm produced some crazy waves, only suitable for surfers. We did find ways to amuse ourselves, like the above picture. Auntie is giving Em a much needed bubble, and turning her into a "Hershey Kiss" too funny.
We were able to go to the beach for a while. Emilia was having so much fun, unfortunately we didn't have enough time to let her get all wet and sandy, she really wanted to get down on her own. Next time for sure. Any way it was a super two days with beautiful, gracious friends,and a house bursting at the seams with children of all ages and plenty of laughter. It was so hard to leave, there is something about their beach house and the area that it's in, besides being so beautiful, that just sucks out all of your stress and anxiety. You can't help but to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. The kids even forget to fight with each other.
Thanks guys again for opening your home to us and giving us all the royal treatment.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy yikes!! Those waves look pretty rough. I'm crackin up at the bubble bath picture. Too cute!

Kele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cammie Heflin said...

Oh the beach sounds amazing right now! Living smack dab in the middle of the US makes the beach such a luxury for me! I would love that right now!

Kele said...

am all about place that makes the kids forget to fight!!!
The Hershey Kiss pic will surely be a favorite in the family album forever!!! TOO CUTE!

The Lehnick Family said...

Even though the weather was rough...looks absolutely beautiful and peaceful...love the pics...glad you had a wonderful time.

Lacey said...

I definitly agree that the beach sucks away the stress. I would live at the beach if I could. Love the Hershey kiss hair.

Heather said...

I was thinking Mohawk when I saw Em .. then again I am an edgy kinda gal!The beach,blessed to live a very short drive from it and we do not go nearly as often as we should.Gonna change that and when my money tree starts blooming better,I am going to get a place right on the ocean!Glad you got a short respite from the daily grind.

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous! It IS better than the spa. I'm so jealous! I love the bath in the sink too. Reminds me that I used to always do that too when my kids were babies :>)

Kelli said...

Oh, I love the beach and it does do something to kids. I don't know anyone that wouldn't be happy sitting on the beach. The hershey kiss hair is hysterical. I can't wait for Lindsey to get some hair. That is one for the books.

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm glad you got away for awhile and had some relaxing fun. She is so cute, love the hairdo.

Kim said...

Oh I wish I can go to the beach! I really need to set up a beach day. It is just so much work that I tend to just put it off.

Love the mohawk!