Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Emmie's First Timeout

Yes it's true, Miss Emilia had her first timeout today. What in the world could this sweet baby do wrong you may be asking? Well just take a look at the photo below. It's a picture of the shelf to my entertainment center, which just happens to be the perfect height for Miss Em to chew on!


It is now decorated with her lovely teeth marks! The whole length of the shelf. She is sneaky about it too! This is the first time I have actually caught her chomping on it. But from the look of the shelf she has been up to it for a while.


OK, she didn't actually sit in the corner for more than a couple of seconds and her timeout ended with a lot of hugs and kisses. And she didn't know it was a timeout, just a new spot in the kitchen.
But she better keep her teeth off my furniture! And yes! yes! she has every type of chew toy in her little toy box, but I guess there's nothing like a good piece of treated wood to sink your teeth into!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! One look at Emilia's absolutely adorable face and I would hand over my most expensive piece for her to chew on! LOL!

Too cute! I just have to say it!♥

MyBulletinBoard said...

DH says that is awful! How could you make that poor child do that??? LOL Poor you. LOL ~Liz

Cammie Heflin said...

Too cute! We're always telling Addy we're gonna put her in timeout and she just laughs at us. She doesn't have a clue what time out is!

Dak-Ind said...

thats too funny... one nice thing, though. if you keep this furniture for long, you will have the fun memory of how it got the marks on it :)

when my grandparents died, i inherited my grandmothers piano, it had little gnaw marks on one leg and my mom said it was from me chewing on it when i was a toddler.

kind of fun really.

mandd3 said...

Well, if someone with that sweet of a smile can end up in time out, there is no hope for the rest of us!

Lacey said...

Naughty naughty Eme!!

Emily said...

Oh dear... Other parents I have talked to have always told me to treat them the same as you would your other children. Isn't it gonna be so hard?! Good luck!

Denise said...

Mean mommy!!! :) Btw...my daughter's friend was over yesterday and was looking at all our Christmas cards. When she got to yours, she said "is that Ella" We have all thought the same thing.

Tina said...

haha thats quite hilarious, the part about chewing on all your furniture, its funny how they don't care about their chewy toys rather chew on everything they are not supposed to. Saira has another tooth thats just come out on top somewhere on the side and she has to really bend her mouth all funny to get to that spot, and yes she also finds all kind of unsuitable things to chew on. Thats really a cute picture of her enjoying her time out, like you said exploring a new spot in the kitchen. She's most welcome to come here to us and chew on all my furniture if that means I get to hold and cuddle her at the same time!!!

my family said...

maybe you can nickname her beaver LOL. she did a good job on that shelf

Scrappy quilter said...

I love it!! Just think, you'll have those marks for years to come. When she is older you can show her. I agree, there isn't much hope for the rest of us when someone that cute gets timeout. Boy am I in trouble, lol.

Rebecca said...

That picture of Em in the corner is just the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time! I don't think I've EVER documented a child's first 'time-out' and your picture is so precious!

Kele said...

OH MY! This one kills me... too funny! But don't make me come up there and get that baby, if she came to live with me I would let her precious self chew on any of my furniture!!! (Way for a friend to have your back huh? He! He!)

To Love Endlessly said...

hahaha! This made me laugh & laugh...I hope she doesn't chew on the furniture anymore.