Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I Want To Be Locked Up


(Thoughts from a harried mom, who is beginning to think some time in a minimum-security, white collar crime prison is looking pretty good.)

I want to be locked up
Away from everything,
Free from all the craziness
A mother's day can bring.
No planning, shopping, cooking
Three healthy meals a day,
Served up with love to finicky kids
Who throw most of it away.
No constant interruptions,
Dirty laundry on the floor,
Driving everyone every place,
Sibling rivalry (It’s war!)
No one asking me to do things,
Getting mad if I forget,
Me giving up my very self—
I’m the family marionette.
Prison sometimes looks appealing
(Or maybe the looney bin),
I get free time and three square meals;
With nothing to do, I win!
I want to be locked up
For freedom, time and such,
There’s just one obstacle for me:
I love my kids too much!

By Joanna Fuchs



Thought I'd go with something we all could relate to.

Last night I was ordered to stay in bed! So I did as told. This morning brought me breakfast in bed, with all my sweets around me. Not a bad way to start the day.


To all the wonderful moms out there that I call friends!! Have a wonderful day!!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Stephanie!!!♥

MyBulletinBoard said...

Back at you! ~Liz

Kristen's mom said...

A marvelous Mother's Day to a marvelous mom!

To Love Endlessly said...

happy mother's day!!! Sounds like you started the day right!

Rochelle said...

Happy Mother's Day sweet friend. Sounds like a great start for a beautiful lady! Enjoy as they celebrate you today.

my family said...

happy mother's day hope your day is great

Scrappy quilter said...

To a very special friend, Happy Mother's Day. Hugs and love

Lacey said...

Happy Mothers day Stephanie! Big smoochies to you!!

The VW's said...

Happy Mother's Day to You!!! Enjoy all the craziness that comes from having the best/hardest job in the world! HUGS!!!

Sumithra said...

Happy Mothers Day, Stephanie!

Beverly said...

hope you had a wonderful and blessed day.