Friday, May 21, 2010

What A Dump!

Literally! HAHA! Andrew's class went on a field trip to RI's finest! The one and only... landfill! Curiosity got me a ticket on this trip.


I learned a heck of a lot about recycling! Got to watch it being sorted and spit out into these cut cubes. These are all spoken for. Sold! I guess other countries don't generate enough trash! These cubes will be recycled into something, useful!


And here's a picture of the busy bees dumping , dumping , dumping! I also learned that this dump will have to close in 2025, never to open again! By then it will be filled to the brim with trash!

RI better get an alternative quickly!


You never know where your day will take you!

Melinda I'm soooooooooooooooo sorry I was late for lunch duty!!!!!

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

Fun, we love field trips!

My name is Sarah said...

We went to the landfill with my Girl Scout troop once. It was sorta cool.

my family said...

wow what a field trip

Lacey said...

I wish more states would be proactive about recycling. We always fill up our recycling bin and never fill up our garbage. If everyone did that it would cut the garbage in half! Thats huge!

Tina said...

wow that seems quite educative..it's amazing how it's all done, every bit put to some use. That's some field trip!

To Love Endlessly said...

What a trashy post...hahaha ;-) That's interesting about the recycling cubes. I've always wondered how it's packaged up.