Friday, April 29, 2011

Too Quiet!

OMGoodness, it's so quiet I can't think! Everyone is in school, Peter is out and the baby is sleeping. I thought it would be a great time to write a post and the silence is killing me. I've been staring at the screen for almost an hour. That's pathetic. I cooked a meatloaf in the time I've been attempting to get a post up.

I hate to waste this precious time staring blankly at my computer.

I guess I can catch you up on Emmie. She had a couple of doctor appointments this week. One with her ENT. Her tubes are doing fine. She recovered without any issues and I think she is hearing better. Em had constant fluid in her ears before the tubes went in, and she is really "talking" up a storm lately. Lots of jargon.
She had her 30 month check up at her pedi. She now weighs a whopping 22 pounds!!

Em now calls everything on her face "eyes".
Says cat and makes a cat sound,(which actually sounds like she's stepping on a cat).
Em is showing an interest in cleaning. Wipes things with a paper towel. That's useful!

Climbing up stairs and stepping down low steps alone. Can also step over things without falling.

More and more signs are emerging. Newest ones are, Good morning, music, mine(which she signs when it's someone else's turn at something), jump.

Still obsessed with signing time.

Loves salad.

Still making us laugh and smile every day.






5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Love the update on Em! She is doing so great! I am sure the quiet is about to be over as school is dismissed soon...enjoy your little moment of peace!

Cheryl said...

I love the bit about her calling everything on her face eyes! So cute! It's never quiet at my house and I love it that way. :)

Lacey said...

I need to get buying Arina signing time, she doesn't do anything with those hands besides wave. Oh and cause a whole lot of chaos too!

Michelle said...

LOL,that cat thing...last night I was laying in bed with Lillian and Rebecca and I started meowing at Lillian in all different voices. She got so tickled. Rebecca told me I was crazy. Oh gracious. Sounds like Em is doing GREAT!! Now I want meatloaf. ;)

Melissa said...

Glad to hear she is doing well with the tubes. I think Claire is headed that way soon.

I always love to hear what signs kiddos know!