Friday, October 11, 2013

LIEBSTER AWARD...



One of my absolute, most, favorite people, Rochelle Cannon, who writes about her beautiful family on her blog, The Cannon Chronicles, has given me a Liebster Award.  I'm not asking why.. I'm just accepting it. 


So I guess as with anything there is a catch. 


Some questions need to be answered.


Okay, here goes!


1. Why did you start blogging ?

Well, a little bundle named Emilia Faith came along in Oct 2008.  When we found out she would be born with Down syndrome, I hit the internet to find as many miserable people as I could who had a child with Ds.  I wanted to be totally prepared for how awful my life was going to be. (are you laughing yet)  Yes, I really did that. Anyway, I couldn't find any!!! Instead I found blog after blog of insanely happy families showing off their gorgeous and down right perfect children who happen to have Ds.  When Emilia was 6months old I decided to try my hand at blogging. I thought if I coud help dispel the myths about Ds to just one person it would be worth it.


2. What is your passion that you want your readers to get out of your blogging?   

My passion is my love for people with Ds. And because of that love my heart has also been opened WIDE to the orphan. You see many of those blogs I initially found before Em was born were of families who had adopted a child with Ds. As I learned more and more I found out the plight of the orphan with special needs. It's a long sad lonely road, especially in other countries. So if you read my blog you will undoubtedly recognize my passion for the orphan and hopefully it will ignite a fire in you.

3.What are some of your favorite blogs to read?

I hate naming names!!! This is a very unfair question! There are so many AH - MA- ZING  blogs out there. Let me see. Do I need to state the obvious? The Cannon Chronicles. Another fab blog is The adventures of Pudge and Zippy   Courtney writes with honesty and humor about everyday life with the cutest "Squibs" in the world.

Another absolute favorite is Flight Platform Living, where Jane uses her creativity as a mom to three "busy" and beautiful kids, mixed with her enormous heart for the orphan to leave me both laughing and crying on a daily basis.

I'm stopping here but seriously could add 100 more. Check out my blog roll for more wonderful reads.


4.What is your favorite singer/band? why?

UGH, if  I were 16 this would be a piece of cake to answer.  But I'm old!!! I am forced to listen to my kids music all the time. Motherly sacrifices.  So, right now one of MY favorites is Pink. Love every thing that Chick puts out.

5. If you could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?

I'd like to have a dinner party. Is that okay Rochelle? And you didn't specify alive or dead. So I'm going with both. I'd have a fabulously,  fancy party with actor, James Stewart, I've loved him since I was a kid. (if you're a youngin' and you just said "Who's that"? Google him!)   Mikhail Baryshnikov, I love ballet,    Zigmunt Kaczmarzyk  (my FIL. He lives in Poland and I miss him terribly)  And Pope Francis because he makes me smile.   


6.What is the best decision you ever made?
  
The best decision I ever made was to listen to God and just follow His lead. Life is so hard, why make it any harder by trying to lead the way.  He will take you to places you never expected or thought you wanted to go, but in the end it's always for the best. I think Em played a huge role in that decision. I was in a place where I had absolutely no other choice but to trust God. Nothing about her diagnosis was making any sense to me and I saw nothing good coming from it.  God can always see the big picture when we are too busy looking the wrong way.

7.What is something you wish everyone knew about you?

Hmmmm. This sounds like a trick question. Let's see.  I guess I'd like everyone to know that I'm a good person. That sounds so freaking boring. But a lot of people seem to get the wrong impression of me. I've been shunned more than my fair share in life. Another thing you should know is, that I'll never change who I am to fit in. I'll never stop shouting my beliefs to be part of the "cool crowd".   

8.  If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?

There would be a lot of FULLY FUNDED HAPPY DANCES going on!  And we'd have a house we could all fit in!!!

9. What are your hobbies?

I love gardening and cemeteries. They both calm me. And I love making floral arrangements. I used to have so much fun decorating for fall!! I'd go nuts with wreaths and flowers and anything I could fashion into something as a centerpiece or decoration. I absolutely ove going back in time through books. Give me anything to read about the history of my state or somewhere that I have been or can go to. I love seeing what something looked like 100 years (or more ) ago. And then seeing it today. One of the best things about living in an old town.  

10.What drives you?


Fear. Fear of not doing enough. Not being enough to my family. Disappointing God by not doing what He put me here to do. Scares me into moving every day. And still I fall short everyday. Probably not what should be driving me , but I'm being honest. 

So there you have it!   Now I get to pass this baby on to two other unsuspecting people! Liebster means Dearest in German and two of the dearest people I know are :

Jane, from Flight Platform Living 

  and

Lacey, from, Jaxsons Fight

You're up Ladies! Now here are your questions. I'll keep it light. Rochelle's made me have to think too much ;)

1. What is you favorite way to de-stress?
2. If money were no object, where would you go and why?
3. If you could live in any period of time when would it be? It could be past present or future. Lets hear it.
4.Borrowing one from Rochelle's..What is something you wish everyone knew about you?
5.What was the best day of your life? One rule, you cannot use your wedding day or the birth of your children. That's too easy.
6.  If you had the chance to come back and haunt someone for one day, would you and who would it be? Okay Halloween is around the corner I had to throw one wacko question in here. 
7. What does your most perfect family day look like?
8.Where is your favorite place to go to be alone? (bathroom doesn't count)
9. Funniest or most embarrassing moment?
10. What do you want people to think of when they think of you? Or do you even care? ;)

Love you both!!! And I love you Rochelle, my little Liebster..

 

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Love your answers! Ooh the dinner party idea is awesome. Love you my dear friend don't change a thing!

Unknown said...

ooooo how fabulous and thank you my lovely xxxxxx