Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Please Don't Let The Sqibs Be Held Hostage!

Courtney, from The Adventures of Pudge and Zippy, has come up with a clever way to support Miss Olga. It involves her Sweet Treasures! I am heavily dependent on the adventures of, LC and Jace. I really can not go long without them. Please help release the squibs!!!  


Here's the post Courtney wrote of her master plan!




I'm holding the squibs hostage.  But, it's for a VERY worthy cause, I assure you.

Lots of our blog buddies have dedicated posts or blog space to promote the organization Reece's Rainbow.  I've been more hesitant in jumping in, since domestic adoption is very much a passion of my own heart and an area that I think needs a shocking degree of legislative attention and reform. 


That said, the conditions that children with Down syndrome are living in around the world are something that I can't turn away from.   And it's something that has taken my heart over quite completely, lately. 


You
have an opportunity to take an active role in a Christmas miracle.  I hope you won't let it pass you by.  Just visit our buddy, Lily, at her blog and see how easy it is to be a part of Olga's Christmas miracle. 

Olga is moving so close to a birthday that will send her into an institution.  And she's moving even CLOSER to a family that will step forward on faith and claim her as their own before that day arrives. 


To do our part to help out in Olga's miracle, I'm holding the squibs hostage.


I won't post another word, picture, anecdote or update until THIS POST has 100 comments. 

And the only rules for leaving a comment are these:

*leave one comment if you give to Olga (or any other child) at
Reece's Rainbow

*leave another comment if you blog about Olga's giveaway (post your link)


*leave another comment if you post about Olga's giveaway on Facebook


*leave another comment if you blog or Facebook post about the organization, Reece's Rainbow


That's it.  That's all.


I'm withholding LC and Jace's stories, because I know that EVERY ONE of the faces pictured in the video above has the same stories to tell.    What they DON'T have is a proud mother who spends the day with a camera lens inches from their face.  But they could.


And Olga's getting awfully close.


So, before I'm set upon by frantic grandmothers...and birth families...and long distance fan club members...


Please share Olga's story and be a part of the wonder that is unfolding for her. 


...Thank you, thank you, thank you...



Well she means business! Click here to visit her blog , The Adventures of Pudge and Zippy

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Isn't it wonderful to see what others are doing for our "kids" through Reece's Rainbow. I'm loving it. Hugs

ch said...

:o)...I must get a "Free the Squibs" T-shirt...xoxoxo