Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gifts From The Heart

I recently "met"someone who now has my utmost admiration. Her name is Kim and she is the founder of Gifts From The Heart For Downs.  A non- profit organization granting wishes to children and adults with Down syndrome. I love that she included adults!! 
Starting an organization like this is such an enormous undertaking,but Kim is determined to make a difference. She has already granted some wishes, and is in the process of granting even more wishes. 
What Kim could use right now is support and sponsors, and some connections would be useful in granting wishes too! 
So how about going to visit Kim's blog and grab her button. Let's help Kim get the word out about Gifts From The Heart.  Who knows maybe you can help grant a wish for someone. Wouldn't that be exciting! 


So let's spread the word. This is the Internet, we have the world at our fingertips. Blogs,FB email, twitter and word of mouth all work. Maybe you can be a sponsor or know someone who might be interested.
I love it when we can use the internet for something awesome like this. 

You can read more about Gifts From The heart at Kim's Blog. So go, go go!!







4 comments:

Patti said...

Headed there right now, thanks for sharing, Steph!

Scrappy quilter said...

I bookmarked it and will check it out later today. Thanks for giving us the link. Hugs

Heather said...

Kim is amazing and selfless and doing incredible things for our children.She was resourceful and found me,my number and called me,introduced herself,after having followed Zoey's story.She was so generous and even donated to Zoey's blanket project ... she truly is an inspiration.Thanks for doing this post Steph.Mine has been long overdue,I am embarrassed to say.

Happy Tuesday ... on the roll you are,doing something for everyone else,I doubt you will have time for your Tuesday me time,but try.Just a little something,okay?

Lacey said...

Ohh, never heard of her. I'll be checking that out tonight!