Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thankful Sunday

It's the end of the first week of February, that means next month is SPRING!!! And daylight savings time! The long nights and short days are reversing! Yesterday I heard spring birds chirping. Never fails... spring will return.


This week I'm thankful for subtle messages. I've mentioned a couple of times that I don't really pick up on the whispers of Jesus. If He wants me to hear Him , He needs to speak loud and clear. Well, He has been teaching me to sit still and listen. Sometimes, He is only going to whisper, and it really would be a shame to miss it.

I'm thankful for Patti's incredibly successful fund raiser for Peter!! I know a home must be in his near future.

I'm thankful for God given friends who 'just know" when I need them. (C)

Thankful for the variety of weather we had yesterday. We had sun, rain, sleet a few flakes and we ended the day with down pours of rain and thunder and lightning. Say what you want about RI but you will never be bored with the weather. One thing we always say here is, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it will change".

And I'm thankful for Oreo's and Toy Story. The girls and Peter were at the Father/Daughter dance last night, so me, Andrew and Emmie had a little quiet time together. Nothing better than watching Em devour an Oreo and Andrew get excited about a movie he's seen a hundred times already.

And I'm not so thankful that I still cannot upload any pictures! Blogger is giving me issues again! I tried Courtney's trick and switched to the old editor. That worked for a while but now I can't upload in either editor. Taking any suggestions! blogger is telling me I've used up all my space, and need to purchase more, which I did the first time this happened. Not doing that again!


Enjoy you Sunday!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Wishing you a blessed Sunday and a peaceful week ahead. It's so wonderful how you always find a way of being thankful, you have helped me look for these subtle things in life that we kind of miss or we just take for granted. So thankful for being able to love on my kids a little longer, it's been a sad end to the week. But in this great sadness Lois has managed to teach me a very important lesson of life.

Kelly said...

Yes "our" weather most definitely keeps us on our toes:) What a variety we got yesterday.......I loved it! You know what I like most about the spring coming soon?? Is FINALLY making a plan to get together to meet this year! How sad that we are less than 1/2 an hour away from one another and that hasn't happened yet!! Well, we are both very busy mommy's!! lol BUT, WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN.......looking forward to some Roger Williams Park/Zoo days!! Uh oh, and 2 walkers on our hands......we are in TROUBLE!!!

Rochelle said...

Been missing you. Hope all is ok. Glad you had a little fun time with Em & Andrew, super fun!

Scrappy quilter said...

So happy to see this wonderful thankful Sun. list. Love ya

Gill - That British Woman said...

popped by via Liz's as you mentioned that Olga has found a forever home. That is such good news......

Gill in Canada

Lori said...

Oreo's and Toy Story...sounds like my kind of night! =)
I just realized that your header pic is of Em in her snow suit -- Very cute! I hope she has been enjoying that fluffy stuff =)