Wednesday, October 5, 2011

31 for 21: Enter With Your Heart Only

Two and a half years ago when I started this blog it was a place to talk about Emmie ... period. She had come into our lives and overtaken us. She crept into every nook and crannie of our hearts. I wanted to share her with everyone. I wanted everyone to see and feel the joy that we all did because of Em,


About six months or so into blogging  I somehow stumbled onto Reese's Rainbow and then to Lera. And things changed. I still wanted to share Emmie, I wanted to ease any fears people had about Down syndrome, but now there was something else I felt I had to do.


Not only was I an advocate for my own Dumpling but I strongly felt God telling me to be a voice for the orphan. The lest of His people. The meekest and smallest. The one no one cares about or even knows exists. The orphan hidden away in orphanages in Eastern European countries. The ones that will die if not rescued. The ones just like Emmie.


I really wasn't sure how to go about doing this. I'm a small time blogger, with a small following. I don't reach many people. I'm not really a prime candidate for this.


But the tugging was there, and it was getting stronger.


So in obedience to God I started advocating , writing posts, trying to support as many families as possible.


Sometimes people listen but for the most part I think my ramblings just drift off and swirl around like the wind. But that's okay. I don't expect to do great things.

I love the life of St Therese and find great comfort and inspiration in reading about her life, she was just an ordinary girl, she did nothing extraordinary during her life.She even referred to herself as "a little grain of sand" But she is one of the greatest Saints of all time, because of her simple life. She just did what God called her to do.


"Jesus does not ask for great achievements: only surrender and gratitude".

St. Therese of Lisieux


A friend of mine, April who blogs at The Narretto Family feels the same way I do about our special orphans.  There is one in particular that has stolen her heart, and in obedience she has become his voice. She is having her first give away for Bogdan.




We all know the importance of having a good account on Reese's Rainbow. April is putting herself out there to help. She has put aside the fears, and the "what ifs" and she is doing what God is leading her to do... For Him.


Please today, right now, GO. Support a child who needs a home. Support April's giveaway. This is her heart here. She loves this little boy so much. Please act now, think later! And in the case of an orphan always follow your heart, leave your head out of it!!! 


 There is no place for logic when advocating for these sweets. Their situation is not logical. It's desperate. This is a job for the heart. I do truly believe that some jobs are just for the heart. If you think about how enormous the job of advocating is, the amount of money needed, and then the chances of finding parents for a child on the other side of the country, it will knock the wind out of you. Your brain will immediately tell you this is impossible to achieve. But your heart will whisper... it can be done:)


This is my small part to help. If we all do a small part , it will grow in to something huge. We are a community, we are friends, we support each other. Please do your small part today. Visit the giveaway, write a quick post,  put Bogdan's picture up on your blog or FB. His mama may see him!!  All these things just take a minute, and can quite possibly save a life.


"Jesus does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, or even at their difficulty, as at the love with which we do them."
St. Therese of Lisieux


today let your heart take the lead... 

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Again you made all the difference. Dariya is home because of your words, support, prayers and love. Keep advocating. We are small but mighty! Together we can change the world.

The VW's said...

You have such a big heart....and so many kiddos are finding families because of your efforts! Keep up the great job lady! You are wonderful!

If I were to follow my heart today....I'd be going after sweet Rachel on RR.....but unfortunately, I'm still working on my husband's heart to open to this idea of adoption. :( Praying God opens his heart up to this huge calling, as He has opened mine!

my family said...

thank you from the bottom of my heart....words are inadequate