Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thankful Sunday


Here we are, it's Sunday again. Goodness the weeks are just flying by. Before you know it , it will be Christmas.

Today I am thankful for those pretty mums you see above. I love mums, I go crazy when they come in the shops in the Fall. I love to decorate with them and then plant them to enjoy next year. This year I just bought one, remember we are in Survival Mode, a mum is not necessary. But the other day I went to the store and these two little cuties were marked down to fifty cents. Yeah! OK, little things like this make me happy.

I'm also thankful for those "little things", I take them as gifts from God. Reminders that he is not far behind. Here's one of those little things I'm talking about.( The mums of course, whoever saw a mum for fifty cents?) And the other day I had to go to the drug store(CVS) for something. Olivia and Sophia wanted a candy bar. I hate saying no to simple things like that. Well I reached into my bag and pulled out two coupons( that I had been tearing the house apart looking for, but gave them up for lost.)One for fifty cents and one for a dollar. They are called extra bucks so you use them like money. Yeah again, the girls got candy bars!



I'm also thankful that the picture of the rain you see below is not snow. I love snow but this rain has been with us for days. If it were just a little colder we would be buried by now.



I am so thankful and excited that Aniela, my step- daughter called the other day to tell us she booked a flight home for Christmas!!!! We'll all be together. That's the best gift of all!

I'm thankful that the painting that has been put off for a year is finally getting done, just in time for Emilia's first birthday.

And finally, I'm thankful that I can call this special person friend, Heather. Heather and her daughter Jess are running a marathon today, The Nike Womens Marathon, hopefully some day cancer and the nightmares it brings with it will be a thing of the past. It is possible, I do believe that. Most of you know Heather and her beautiful family. Drop a prayer for her and Jess today that they run swiftly and safely. And if you don't know her, stop by and see her, meet her motivation, she is a Princess named Zoey

Every one have a blessed Sunday!

5 comments:

Tina said...

It's so good to read all the thankful sundays and I have been thinking for so long about all the things I am thankful for, yet haven't been able to put it down on paper,which I feel even more guilty about everytime I read someone else's thankful list. It's always these small things in life that we tend to forget about, but which make us so happy and complete our day. Thanks for sharing.

Tausha said...

What a beautiful post. It's so good to always remember the small things that make us happy. Thanks for sharing.

MyBulletinBoard said...

I love your mums! So pretty. Glad you had some rain. I told Carol to keep the snow, so maybe we will be safe for a while longer. ~Liz

Emily said...

I love that! I also love the simple things... it keep life less complicated and much more enjoyable!

Scrappy quilter said...

Yes LizBeth keeps telling me to keep the snow. I'd send you some however we don't have any right now. It's all melted.

I love your thankful lists. And to get a plant for 50 cents. Wow, one of God's little nuggets of gold. Hugs!!