Monday, August 23, 2010

Our Special Visitors


One of our camping days was very special. We were all in the campsite at the same time, which was a rarity because the kids were given bikes to ride from the owner and were enjoying their new found freedom.

Out of nowhere these to beautiful butterflies appeared. And stayed! And dare I say, they played with us. They landed on all of us tickling us and fluttering around us. Flying circles around our heads and landing ever so gently on our out stretched hands.

I've never seen butterflies behave this way. I mean I'm no expert bit I've been around when butterflies have been released and they hang around for a few minutes, but then they're gone. Even at butterfly farms they are not this eager to stay so close.

They even landed on the baby's playpen, which made me a little nervous. I could see the curiosity in her eyes and she doesn't have a gentle touch. But they seemed to know that and stayed a safe distance away.



Olivia's hand







Andrew





After it was apparent they were in no rush to leave, Peter and I got a strange feeling. Could these sweet gentle creatures be a visit from to loves that we are missing. We decided to believe that Carly and Kristen did indeed come for a visit.





It was an incredible experience and one we will hold in our hearts. Two gentle butterflies who came to play. I can use no other words to describe their behavior. They were playful. They were flying around us like two children. Never too far from each other.

I'm not saying anyone has to agree with the way we feel. I just wanted to share this. I can't put into words the feeling that accompanied these two butterflies, but it was out of the ordinary. And very special.

16 comments:

mandd3 said...

What a magical moment. My girls had this happen earlier in the summer. There were two butterflies also and they danced around the girls and landed hither and tither all over them. It was beautiful and we all drank it in as well. I also had never seen butterflies behave that way. Perhaps they were after the inner sweetness of your precious children.

Scrappy quilter said...

Magical is definitely right. Beautiful. Hugs

Lori said...

That is cool!

Loren Stow said...

Wow - I do believe that an experience like this has a deeper meaning. I wouldn't be surprised if they were two visitors from another place coming to see how you were coming along.

MyBulletinBoard said...

God's creatures . . . .

The VW's said...

What beautiful butterflies! You were able to capture their beauty so well in those pictures! What a great experience for your family!

Lacey said...

Wow, amazing! I can't believe they just hung around. There is indeed something deeper there!

junglemama said...

Hwo awesome is that!

Rochelle said...

That is so awesome! I love that everyone in the family got to experience this very cool visitation.

heidi marie said...

you never know! ;) i've never seen butterflies out in nature act that way before.

Cheryl said...

What a neat experience! You got some great pictures :)

Becca said...

Wow, how incredible, and definitely magical!! There's just something so fragile, sweet and precious about butterflies.

Carrie said...

What a magical memory! Sometimes I think God sends us little moments like this just to remind us that He loves us. Beautiful.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

awesome :)

Bulldogma said...

Tingles!!! SO cool!

To Love Endlessly said...

God is good and blesses us is so many different ways.