Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thankful Sunday


My brain is not accepting that another week has literally flown by! The calendar is insisting that it's August first! Can't be!!!

So this week I am really thankful that we still have another month of summer vacation! I am reading posts of kids going back to school already!! That's crazy!

Of course I'm thankful for meeting my first bloggy friend, Lori and Miss Anna and the adorable Paige and Charlie.

I am so, so thankful for my new dining room table and chairs! YAY!!! We were starting to look a little silly here. I had thrown out four of our six chairs because I couldn't stand looking at them anymore. They were broken and the seats were ripped from our cat, (whose been dead for three years), so we were down to two. Which meant we brought out the folding chairs... that looked really cute. Well, we finally went out looking for just chairs to add to the table, but couldn't find any. So that's how we ended up with a new set. It was very reasonable and it's not high end by any means. With five kids using it all the time we would be crazy to have anything of extreme value ! LOL And it was delivered while Lori was here, just in time for dessert! Even the delivery men scored some Chocolate Trifle.

Thankful for a relaxing day in the park, yesterday. It's good not to have to watch the clock once in a while.


I love this picture. Chips are so good!


They were playing a game of attack where flip flops were the weapon of choice.

Oh, and I forgot to mention last week. I got some info on the Mad River we are going camping on. It's not Mad at all. I heard from my friend that it's just lovely. Probably just named by someone who was in a bad mood at the time! LOL

And, although Kelly and Landon were sick and couldn't make it on Friday, I'm thankful they are so close that we can still get together.

And I'm thankful for the beautiful rose bush I scored for five bucks!!! Now all I have to do is, NOT kill it!


I am so thankful for the emails of concern that were sent my way! Thanks!!! I was slacking due to great weather and summer laziness!! If some thing were wrong you all would be the first to know!

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday!!

9 comments:

mandd3 said...

Torn chairs from a cat that has been dead 3 years made me laugh!!!
And of course you gave the delivery man some chocolate trifle.
Now if distance were as realtive as time we'd be in business!

my family said...

chip picture=priceless

Scrappy quilter said...

Yes indeedy, chips are good. So glad to hear you guys are having lots of fun. Hugs

Lacey said...

Im so thankful for summer, and thankful my boys school went back to traditional this year, otherwise they would have gone back to school already too!
I'm so dreading snow this year, I hyperventilate just thinking about it!

Tina said...

Yes that was me a while back on FB...unfortunately by the time I read your message (as I had been gone from the computer for a bit) I think you were offline :(

Hope your Sunday is great, mine's nearly over can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow. These are beautiful pictures from the park and I love how Emmie is digging into those crisps! Can you blame her! Sorry I missed your last post, just read it and Miss Anna is gorgeous, I hadn"t met her before but had to go across to her blog after seeing those pictures. Miss Emmie is wonderful as always, I guess she realised that other little girls have beautiful hair as well, just like her! Have a wonderful week.

Rochelle said...

Now I am really jealous your kids are off for another month? Aidan goes back on the 13th ugh...
The park looked like such a wonderful time. Glad you are having a great summer with the kids and looking forward to the camping adventure.

The VW's said...

Sounds like you've had a blessed week! Hope you continue to enjoy summer.....it goes way too quickly! Hugs!!!

Amy Flege said...

our summer is almost over.. we go back the 19th :( it goes by so quickly.... enjoy!

Me said...

I stumbled across your blog (can't remember how) and had to post a comment on how adorable your daughter is. My daughter is now 6 and it seems like yesterday she was Emilia's age. So cliche to say, but so true!

We have 6 more weeks left of summer and I am now wondering how my sanity is going to survive! LOL. I'm glad though we still have lots of summer left, I'm not really looking forward to school starting again. Not yet anyways. I like my lazy, no schedule days.