Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thankful Sunday

Maybe the title of today's post should be Not Thankful Sunday. Because what comes to mind right now, is that I'm not thankful school is starting this week, I'm not thankful summer is ending, I'm not thankful Miss Em is sick(just a cold or allergies, nothing major), I'm not thankful we couldn't go to Edaville Railroad to see Thomas the Tank Engine, because Miss Em wasn't up to par.



But that's not the name of this post so I can't go with a negative outlook. So I'm thankful for the picture above. Not the silly creature looking at me like he wants to come in for some coffee, but the morning glories behind him. You can click to enlarge the picture. But I'm so proud of these little guys. The top is full of buds. It's a bad picture because it was taken from my kitchen window.
I'm thankful that even though summer is technically coming to an end Miss Em and I can still enjoy quite a few more warm sunny days together, while the rest are in school.

I'm thankful that even though school is starting my kids are somehow all looking forward to going back. And I'm thankful they have such a wonderful school to go to.

And even though Miss Em is not feeling great, it's most likely just allergies. and nothing to worry about. Her health, I am always eternally thankful for.
I'm upset we missed Thomas this weekend , but I'm Thankful he is there next weekend too. Andrew didn't even remember that we were supposed to go yesterday. I don't know how, he's been asking me constantly. So, I'm also thankful that he wasn't upset. Think how surprised he'll be next weekend! LOL


I'm learning from posting Thankful Sunday's that even though some weeks are tough, or disappointing, you can look past the negative. It's okay to find something positive with a crummy week. I am not an optimistic person by nature so this is not always easy for me. I'd much rather dwell on the doom and gloom.
But by doing that you might miss something special that God intended for you to enjoy. I can only imagine all I missed through the years.

Thanks Carol for your Thankful Sundays that I miss so much, but that inspired me to take a closer look at what I was missing out on. I am so
thankful for you!


And because I'd be a bad blogger if I only posted a picture of a crazy squirrel, here's Miss Em enjoying the water at the beach.


9 comments:

missy said...

Your the best bud! Love you to pieces!! xo

MyBulletinBoard said...

Well, we do like Miss Em better than squirrels. Wish I could send you our morning glories. We got some tainted seed, I guess, and they are all over everything. . . . . . Did she find her "friend" in the water? She's looking awfully hard at it.

Scrappy quilter said...

You're welcome sweet friend. The best way to live life is to always find something to be thankful for. Love the picture of little Miss Em. So cute!! I'm thankful for you, the wonderful trip to visit our oldest son yesterday, spend time with our grandsons (one who has DS) and also have time to visit the best Farmer's market on the earth I think. Hugs and love

Rochelle said...

Love your Thankful posts. You are so right if we don't find that light in a bad week and we focus on the negative we totally miss why God put us here.
I can't wait to see the mischief you and Em get into by yourselves...Alayna & I are enjoying our time even though we miss Aidan.
Hope the kids all have a great school year and Em gets to feeling better soon.

The VW's said...

Having to send the kiddos back to school always makes me feel sad and grumpy! In fact, I've been moping around about it since August came! I miss my guys so much and long for the days of summer once they are gone! But, like you said, there is ALWAYS lots to be thankful for too! Hugs!!!

Runningmama said...

Love that beach picture...it's a frame for sure!

Tina said...

Yes! Thankyou for that lovely picture of Miss Em...I know what you mean about finding it hard to sometimes find things to be thankful about especially from a crummy week, I know I find it hard to be thankful out of an ordinary week and that's because I don't take the time to reflect back on the week and all the good postive things that came out of it. Whenever I read your Sunday posts I actually stop for a moment and think...so thank you my friend for that.

Emily said...

I left the blogging world for a while. So happy to be back to reading your thankful posts!

To Love Endlessly said...

I feel a little silly...I had to put my ace right up to the computer for that 1st picture. I kept thinking, where's em? duh...she wasn't even in the picture. lol! She's too cute in her suit and even though it sounds like it was a rough week there's still so much to be thankful for.