Saturday, November 12, 2011

Can I be honest???

Umm, yesterday kinda freaked me out. My post "Boundaries" got more attention than anything I have ever written. My blog is small and quiet for the most part. It really doesn't see a lot of action, and the way I see it, God controls my traffic. I really don't go nuts joining other social media sites. I don't try to get backlinks, and really don't even comment on other blogs enough( although I do read). My husband knows all the tricks to get more traffic and how to link to this or that to get a better ranking but honestly I just want to write. I probably should listen to him because I would reach more people but I just don't have the time. Maybe when he reads this he'll "pimp my blog" for me free of charge! LOL  (I'm not being fresh, "pimp my blog " is just an expression meaning , give it a boost)


Anyway, when I sat down yesterday I had no idea what I was going to write. I was just going through other blogs and I came across the scripture verse that I opened my post with. Proverbs 24:12  "Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act."
And I guess God did the rest.  I was amazed at the amount of people who shared that post. All I can say is thank you! And because of you, yesterday was a good day for the orphan! 11/11/11 was a lucky day after all. Carina's account went to $200.00 which was WAAAAY more than I expected, and I pray that hearts and eyes were opened. There are so many people that just do not have any idea of what is happening to these precious children. I'd like to put those pictures I used in my post yesterday on a billboard. I'd like to take control of radio and TV and Internet and shake people up... wake people up. Children are being treated like trash because they have Down syndrome or another disability. Instead of being loved and treasured they are bound and  tied to cribs, like wild animals  correction, like monsters... wild animals would be treated better and have more rights.


But for now, I'll do what I can with what I've got. I'll keep talking until people listen. I'll keep posting , hoping people keep reading. I'll do what God asks of me, and I will try to be more trusting in Him. He usually has to ask me a few times.  You know that nagging voice in your head, or that idea that just keeps popping up out of no where? It's God, trying to get your attention because He has a job for you. My initial response is usually "Seriously? You want me to do what"?   I then proceed to tell Him why His idea would never work. LOL Good thing God has a sense of humor and an infinite amount of patience because I am definitely a "challenging" child. Probably why He gave me five just like me:)

And on that note, don't forget to check out Carina's Eggs!! My Christmas ornament giveaway. Donate to Carina through Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree located in my sidebar, leave me a comment telling me you donated(any amount) and you're in! Giveaway ends Sunday at Midnight.


You will be entered to win all six of these eggs for any donation made to Carina . Just remember to leave me a comment, telling me you donated. You do not need to tell me the amount.



I am only one , but still I am one.. I cannot do everything but I can do something and because I cannot do everything!! I will not refuse to do what I can ~~Edward Everett Hale

5 comments:

The VW's said...

You are awesome Stephanie! Keep up the great work you are doing for these precious children! I just donated! :) Hugs!!

Lori said...

Your blog is beautiful and should be out there for all to see and read! We love the pictures and and stories of Em and your family - but we also love your enormous heart that you so readily pour out for these precious children. Keep writing and posting...God is using you/your blog to change hearts =)

Unknown said...

woot woot $250!!! go girl! your giveaway and carina feature thissharing sunday honey xxxx

Rochelle said...

YAY! Keep up the great work! ♥ YOU!

Lacey said...

It really is sad, and unfortunately the ignorant will have a hard time seeing. I've seen it in person. Definitely not the worst, because Arina was well cared for. At least in front of our eyes. But when a child screamed the whole 2 hours we visited, and at times his cries were muffled, I can't help but wonder if he was shoved in a closet or something for crying. Here's where I need to win my lottery. I bet I could find families for all these children if money wasn't a hindrance!